Fun Fact: The average family does 8 – 10 loads of laundry each week. Yes, each week. That’s a lot of laundry. And who doesn’t love the feeling of freshly cleaned clothes that have come right out of the dryer? When it comes to drying the laundry, do you use dryer balls or dryer sheets? You may be asking, “Does it really matter?” The answer is, “Yes.” To help you learn which is best for you, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of both.
Perhaps dryer sheets bring back memories of your childhood. There was nothing quite like the smell of clean clothes in the air. And your clothes were so soft when putting them on. Did you know that you can still use dryer sheets for other household cleaning needs? However, just as there are some “plusses” with using dryer sheets, there are also some things to look out for.
Dryer Sheet Pros:
- Softens fabrics
- Removes static cling
- Easy to use
- Effective in any size of your laundry load
Cons of Dryer Sheets:
- Most contain toxic chemicals that can irritate your skin
- Not eco-friendly
- Leave residue inside your dryer
- Can create greasy-looking stains on clothes
- Can only be used one time
- Do not reduce drying time
Wool dryer balls have proven to be the most effective because they help dry laundry more quickly. Unlike dryer sheets, dryer balls are reusable and can last up to one year (or 1,000 loads of laundry).
Pros Of Dryer Balls:
- Made of all natural and sustainable materials, making them good for the environment
- Allows hot air to circulate more evenly, reducing drying time by up to 25%
- Ability to manage temperature settings, helping to minimize damage to clothes
- Diminishes static and wrinkles
- Saves you money on gas and electricity bills
Cons Of Dryer Balls:
- Make a loud noise when drying clothes
- Wool can fall off with extended use and move into the lint drawer
- Not as effective with large loads of laundry
Dependable Cleaners Wash & Fold Services
When utilizing our Wash & Fold Services, we are guaranteeing that your laundry items will come back to you cleaned, sanitized and ready to put away. In fact, they will look better than before. The only thing you need to worry about it throwing your laundry into the white Dependable Cleaners bag and we will take care of the rest.
To save you even more time, we invite you to use our free pickup and delivery service. Our dependable drivers can pick up and deliver your laundry at your preferred location as soon as it’s ready. Convenient. Clean. And ready to wear.